MCA is conducting KYC of all DIN holder of all the companies through a new eform DIR-3 KYC. DIR-3 eKYC form will be a new form that is different from the DIR-3 form. While the DIR-3 form is used to generate DIN, DIR-3 eKYC form would be used to complete eKYC procedure each year. Further, DIR-3 eKYC form would have to be filed every year.
- For directors who had been allotted Director Identification Number (DIN) on or before March 31, 2018 and whose ‘DIN’ is in ‘approved’ status,
- MCA had stipulated that they would have to file form DIR-3 KYC on or before August 31, 2018.
- Unique Personal Mobile Number and Personal Email ID would be mandatorily indicated and would be duly verified by One Time Password (OTP)
Certification is must
- The form should be filed by every Director and Designated Partner using his own DSC.
- It should be duly certified by a practising professional (Chartered Accountant /Company Secretary /Cost Accountant)
Deactivation of DIN
After expiry of the due date by which the e-KYC form is to be filed, the MCA-21 system will mark all approved DINs (allotted on or before March 31, 2018) against which DIR-3 KYC forms have not been filed as ‘deactivated’ with reason as ‘non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’.
Filing of DIR-3 KYC would be mandatory for Disqualified Directors also.
Penalty or Fees
After the expiry of due date of filing form DIR-3 KYC, Deactivated DINs can be active only after paying the penalty of Rs.5000/-
- A PAN of Director
- Proof of permanent address (Latest Bank Statement/ Latest Mobile or Electricity Bill)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card (Mandatory for Indian Director)
- Copy of passport if they have the same
- Mobile No (will need OTP for Verification)
- Email (will need OTP for Verification)
- Digital Signature of Director